Wednesday 21 October 2009

'I Don't Really Miss' Twitter, Miley Cyrus Says



If you're holding out hope that Miley Cyrus will return to Twitter, it's time to focus your energy elsewhere. The singer, who quit the site earlier this month, said that she's much happier now that she's not focused on sharing every minute detail of her life with the world.
"I actually haven't missed it," the singer said on 104.7 FM's Johnjay and Rich gig in Arizona Tuesday, US Weekly reported. "I thought I was going to miss it a lot more than I do, but I haven't even actually looked at other people's, which is really weird. I don't actually miss it. It's kind of odd."
Despite earlier reports that she left Twitter at the request of her rumored beau and "The Last Song" co-star, Liam Hemsworth, she says she decided to leave when she realized how much it was affecting the way she lived her life. "It was 3:30 or 4 in the morning. I couldn't sleep," she explained. "[I thought], 'Maybe I could sleep if I wasn't so friggin' busy twittering about not being able to sleep.' "
Her last tweet read: "FYI Liam doesn't have a twttr & he wants ME 2 delete mine w/ gd reason," but since then the "Hannah Montana" star has not only gone on the radio to explain her reasons for leaving, but also released a statement and a rap song about it days after she left.
In the statement, she said, "Rumors have been started that Liam is the reason that I deleted my Twitter. I hope my true fans know how stupid that is. I had mentioned to him that someone made a fake Twitter with his name and we both starting chatting about how ridiculous it is." She added, "Liam is a wonderful friend and he did not try to make me delete my page, he just helped me realize how much time I was wasting on that site."

No comments:

Post a Comment